BTW68 Toolbar

Powered by Conduit

Friday, June 22, 2007

This,too,shall pass

The other day I was feeling kinda blue because
I felt I hadn't achieved all I wanted to at this
time in my life. This, after reading about others
who appeared to have done much more with their lives.

While moping through the local Home Depot, I ran into
a guy I knew from the past and we began to talk about
old times. During this conversation another man whom
we both knew showed up. (what are the odds?)

The first man began talking about his son whose
repetitive negative behavior had landed him in the
state hotel (prison), and all the court dates involved
and the humiliation and disapointment he felt. He also
spoke about having recently lost his mother who I knew
from childhood.

The other man told us about his wife being very ill and
that he, too, was not in the best of shape. Surgery was
imminent for both. Plus they are raising their grand
children.

Both men spoke of other problems they had. I guess they
had to talk to someone. I listened.

While listening to these men, I reflected on my life and
thought how blessed I am not to have any major negative
events going on in my life. Yes, I've had my troubles,
but nothing like what they were going through.

Then I realized that my achievement issues were not all
that important,just do some re-inventing, and adapt a
more positive outlook.

When we do experience major difficulties, they seem to be
all encompassing,and take what seems like forever to be
resolved. One way or another, in time,they will be.
Remember the verse "This ,too, shall pass".

So, if at times, you find yourself feeling troubled,
remember there are those whose lives are much more
difficult than yours.

In my case I left the Home Depot remembering the song from
the early '70s by William DeVaughn,
" Just Be Thankful For What You've Got".

And I am.

Edward West
mr.westsr@gmail.com or,
BTWCLASSof68BLOG@gmail.com

No comments: